Mr. Stone is a member of Gores’ investment committee and is responsible for alternative investments. Prior to joining The Gores Group, Mr. Stone spent nearly a decade as a Chief Executive transforming businesses across the services, industrial and technology sectors. Mr. Stone spent five years with The Boston Consulting Group (“BCG”) as a member of their high technology and industrial goods practices and served in BCG’s Boston, London, Los Angeles and Seoul offices. Mr. Stone earned a B.S. in Finance with Computer Science and Mathematics concentrations from the University of Maine and an M.B.A. in Finance from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Wednesday December 7, 2022
Are There Benefits to an Overseas SPAC Listing Due to SEC Scrutiny Stateside?
- What the SEC actually proposes
- No excise tax on European SPAC stock repurchases
- Less competition – for now – is advantageous
- European SPAC deals becoming larger and more lucrative
- A caveat: European de-SPAC mergers and standard IPOs differ little from a regulatory standpoint